These Brownies that are topped with raspberries and chocolate are sure to curb that sweet tooth!
Homemade brownies are definitely a favorite of mine! The premade packages are loaded with sugar and artificial ingredients that aren’t that great for you .. and let’s be honest … brownies in general are not healthy! So I wanted to make something that I could devour and feel less guilty with it being homemade and less sugar!
These brownies are easy enough that anyone can do these!
It was about two years ago, I started trying different things to get the perfect homemade brownie and these are it!!
Make sure to let cool before placing the raspberries on top. If you don’t the raspberries may become mushy and you definitely do not want that!
Placing parchment paper in the pan is a a sure way to not leave any delicious brownies behind in the pan! (or stick and become a mess while cutting)
I personally prefer milk Tollhouse chocolate chips! This is absolutely all about preference though! You can use any brand of chocolate chips as well as dark or semi sweet chocolate chips!
I prefer tollhouse because I think the chocolate flavor is more prominate and there is less bitterness.
You can also use any kind of fruit on top! Strawberries, blueberries, ect!
Make sure to let cool entirely before covering and storing.
Cover and refrigerate for best results.
These are super easy to make into hearts for Valentines Day or an Anniversary! You can use heart shaped pans or use a cookie cutter once complete!
Brownies topped with Raspberries & Drizzled with Chocolate
- 16 oz Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Butter
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease pan or place parchment paper into pan 8 x 8 pan.
- Use a small sauce pan and add in 8 oz of chocolate chips and butter – melt over medium heat and let cool.
- Mix together the sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Sift.
- Add the melted chocolate into the sugar mixture.
- Add in the flour bowl into the sugar mixture and stir till incorporated.
- Pour mixture into baking pan.
- Bake for about 20-27 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Let brownies cool for about 10 minutes.
- While brownies are cooling melt the other 8 ounces of chocolate in a sauce pan.
- Place raspberries on top of brownies and drizzle chocolate over the brownies.
- Let cool for 30-45 minutes while the chocolate hardens