Chiavetta’s ChickenJump to Recipe
Chiavetta’s Chicken is so easy, yet it has to be done right!
This recipe takes the guess work out of perfect Chiavetta’s Chicken for you!
Patience is key, the longer it mariantes the better it tastes! (minus over marinating – I do not suggest anything over 24 hours)
Chicken thighs (bone in, skin on) vs chicken breast matters. Definitely go for the chicken thighs for the full experience! You can totally use chicken breast for salads if you are trying to make it healthier, it just will not be the same.
Do not over marinate! I do not suggest anything over 24 hours. Chiavetta’s marinade is strong and can be over powering if left for too long. Also, marinating too long can also lead to tough or dry chicken.
Boiling the chicken doesn’t sound the most appeasing, but I promise that it is key! Boiling before marinating helps cook the chicken through out evenly so once you grill the chicken you do not char the outside too much (that would result in loss of taste and the outter chicken can become tough or dry.
Tip! Always cook chicken with the grill top closed! It needs to be cooked throughout and evenly.
- Chicken thighs bone in, skin on
- Chiavetta's chicken marinade
- Take the raw chicken thighs and place into a large pot. Cover with water.
- Bring the chicken to a boil and reduce heat to medium/low heat for 15 mins.
- Let the chicken cool in a collander before placing into a tightly sealed container.
- Once into a tightly sealed container – pour the marinade into the container till the chickens are just about covered. Cover and refrigerate. For best results, let sit for 24 hours prior to cooking. You can let it sit for a few hours, just the taste will not be the same and will not be throughout the chicken meat.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat and place thights on grill for 15-20 mins. Flipping a few times during cooking. Make sure to cook to internal temp of 165 F.