Egg Salad SandwichesJump to Recipe
Egg Salad Sandwiches are so easy, packed with protein and a quick meatless dinner for lent or something to make to use up all those Easter eggs!
Choose your favorite bread! Mine is Sourdough!
The way I choose to boil my eggs helps significantly with the ease of peeling. You need to move quick and follow the directions exactly. Do not rinse eggs after peeling as you go as well, the colder the water gets the harder the eggs will be to peel. Rinse them all after you are done peeling.
Toasting the bread for me makes this recipe so much better!
Hellmann’s is also a must for me .. no other mayo!
Weber’s Horseradish mustard is also a must for me!
Refrigerating for an hour or 2 makes a whole ton of a difference in taste with this as well!
Egg Salad Sandwiches
- 8 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Hellmann's Mayo
- 5 tsp Weber's Horseradish Mustard
- 8 slices of bread
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place 8 eggs into a pan and fill with cold water till eggs are covered.
- Bring to a boil
- Once boiling bring down to a simmer. Simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- Immediately place pan into sink and run cold water over them for a few minutes. Let sit for a few minutes and then peel the eggs. Rinse and set on a paper towel to dry.
- Mix together the mayo and mustard in a bowl.
- Slice the eggs with an egg slicer 2x. (Once long way and move and flip 90 degrees and slice again)
- Mix all ingredients together and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Let egg salad chill in fridge for an hour.
- Toast your bread and add on the egg salad!